Yorkshire Slalom Training & Events
If you are coming to a training day, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, a mobile number and current division. This helps us to plan groups for sessions in advance, and to let you know if there are last minute change of plans or cancellations due to river levels.
Sowerby Bridge Training Day
5th January 2020 @ 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
Please note river levels here are currently high so we may have to cancel move this session – make sure we know you are coming so we can let you know of any change.
Yorkshire Slalom training at Sowerby Bridge.
Aimed at Div 2, 3 and 4 paddlers. If you are unsure whether a training venue is suitable for you, please discuss this with your club coach.
Meet at 10:30 for an 11am start.
Please note: there is no parking available in the mill complex – it is residents only.
If you are attending this training day please email email@example.com with your name, mobile number and division. This enables us to plan groups in advance and let you know if there are any last minute changes or cancellations due to water levels.
Access and Parking at Sowerby Bridge training
As you may or may not know Halifax CC are in a residential mill complex, so a few reminders for the upcoming session at Sowerby Bridge as we will have a lot of people and boats on site:
- Parking – we don’t have any, please park in the market car park (see map) and carry your boat and kit to the club – it’s no further than carrying it at a race. The car park is free on Sunday’s
- Boats – As we will have a lot of boats on site, please take your boat straight to the get on area so it is not in the way. Between session please take your boats back up to the get on area.
- Carrying boats – the mill area is full of residents cars, please be careful carrying boats through this area. Parents, please assist supervise your children
- Facilities – we have changing rooms, showers and toilets in the downstairs section of the club, and a kettle and mircowave upstairs. We’ll also make space for people to gt inside upstairs over lunchtime
- Residents Parking – most people have moved back in after last year’s flooding, so please do not leave boats and kit (or cars) in residents parking spaces – especially not in the space outside the downstairs changing rooms!!
See the map for parking, walking route from the car park and location of the river access and exit.
Myself and other club members will be there to point people in the right direction, so please follow instructions to get boats etc to where we need them to be.